The New SafEye Quasar 900 is an open path detection system which provides continuous monitoring for combustible hydrocarbon gases. It employs “spectral ﬁngerprint” analysis of the atmosphere using the Differential Optical Absorption Spectroscopy (DOAS) technique.
The Quasar 900 consists of a Xenon Flash infrared transmitter and infrared receiver, separated over a line of sight from 23 ft (7m) up to 660 ft (200m) in extremely harsh environments where dust, fog, rain, snow or vibration can cause a high reduction of signal.
The Quasar 900 transmitter and receiver are both housed in a rugged, stainless steel, ATEX and IECEx approved enclosure. The main enclosure is EExd ﬂameproof with an integral, segregated, EExe increased safety terminal section.
The hand-held communication unit can be connected in-situ via the intrinsically safe approved data port for prognostic and diagnostic maintenance. The Quasar 900 is approved to FM/FMC per Class I Div 1 Group B, C and D and Class I, II Div 1 Group E, F and G, and ATEX/IECEx per Ex d e ib [ib Gb] IIB + H2 T4 Gb, Ex tb IIIC T135°C Db.
The Quasar 900 includes heated windows to eliminate condensation and icing, HART capability for digital communication and is designed to meet SIL2 per IEC61508 and FM performance approved per FM6325 and tested per EN60079-29-4.
- Detects Hydrocarbon gases including methane, ethylene, Propane, Ethane, Butane etc.
- Detection range: 7-200m in three different models (same detector different sources)
- Built in event recorder – real time record of the last 100 events
- Fast connection to Hand-Held for prognostic and diagnostic maintenance
- Heated optics
- SIL2 approved, per IEC61508
- HART protocol for maintenance and asset managements
- RS-485, Modbus Compatible
- High reliability – MTBF minimum 100,000 hours
- User programmable via HART or RS-485
- 3 years warranty (10 years for the ﬂash source)
- Ex approval:
- FM/FMC approved per – Class I Div 1 Group B, C and D; Class I, II Div 1 Group E, F and G
- ATEX & IECEx approved per – Ex d e ib [ib Gb] IIB + H2 T4 Gb; Ex tb IIIC T135°C Db
- Performance test: Approved to FM6325 and tested per EN60079-29-4 by FM